Sunday 9 May 2010

Front Cover Ideas 3 - Midnight Rambler

My third idea is for a magazine called The Midnight Rambler. The idea behind this magazine was to make a magazine similar to Rolling Stone. For all three of my magazine ideas I have taken the names of songs for the titles just like Rolling Stone which takes its name from the Muddy Waters blues song of the same name. (The Rolling Stones also took their name from this song) The title of this magazine is taken from The Rolling Stones song The Midnight Rambler.


For this magazine I wanted to have more of a 60's kind of feel to it. I looked at this late 60's/ early 70's issue of Rolling Stone for more ideas. I like how simple the cover design is and it reminds me of the modern covers of magazines like Vice which don't have overly cluttered covers.

Here are two drawings of how I want the basic idea for the cover to look.

I then made a quick mock up of what the cover could look like. I took some photos of my friend Jess wearing some 60's inspired clothes and then quickly added some text over the photo in photoshop.
Out of the three ideas for different magazines this one is my favourite and i will continue to develop this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment